The official Weibo “Li Cang Publishing” in Licang District of Qingdao released a message in the early
morning of June 6 that a local collapse occurred at a water pipe rupture site in the area, killing one person and injuring one.
The official micro-blog “Li Cang Publication” in Li Cang District said that at about 19:45 on January 5, a local collapse occurred at
the rupture of a municipal water pipe near the junction of Jiushui East Road and Yongchuan Road in
the southeastern side of the construction site. Qingdao Construction Commission,
The relevant leaders of Qingdao Security Supervision Bureau and Licang District Committee and District Government rushed to the scene for
disposal at the first time. After on-site search and rescue and implementation by the construction party,
three construction vehicles were buried, one was injured in the waist and sent to the doctor, and one died.
Relevant units are doing a good job of aftercare as required.
So if we encounter this situation, or unfortunately encounter a house collapse, how can we save ourselves?
1. Move your body very carefully in case larger debris hits you. Coolness is especially important at this time.
2. Cover your mouth and nose with towels, clothes or hands to prevent dust pollution.
3. If there are water pipes and gas pipes right beside you, it will be easier for rescuers to find you by knocking on them.
4. Supporting objects that may collapse with bricks, wood, etc., try to expand the “safe space” and keep enough air breathing;
5. When you are unable to rescue yourself from danger, don’t shout so as to save your strength. Call for help when someone comes.
Please cherish your life and keep away from dangerous areas as far as possible. If you need to work, please fasten your safety helmet.